Join the exciting George Mason University community for your professional development needs – our commitment to Innovation, Diversity, Entrepreneurship, and Access will provide you the actionable knowledge needed to guide your organization’s development.
- Administration Overview of the “International University”
An overview of the administrative structures and responsibilities required as universities develop international strategies.
- International Strategic Development
Review best practices and create strategies for university administrators to offer support and resources to international students, visiting faculty, and exchange administrators.
SUPPLEMENTAL TRAINING THEMES
- Selecting International Partners and the MOU Process
- Nurturing Faculty Engagement
- Strategies for Supporting International Students
- Creating and Maintaining an International Database
- Hosting Delegations: An In-house Perspective
- International Team-Teaching through Technology
- Consortium Approach to International Education: Engaging Partners in Collaborative Efforts
Morning lectures will provide participants with key concepts and analytic tools whereas afternoons seminars will help participants use those tools and apply them to specific empirical situations. Additional site-visits to administrative offices, cultural destinations, and local organizations will provide rich context to lessons. Upon completion of this program, students will receive a Certificate of Participation. (Expected Daily Itinerary)
PROGRAM DATES & FEES
The Internationalization Strategies Program is offered twice a year for 10 days or a 3 day intensive program.
- Fall 2013
- 10 Day Program: December 5-14
- 3 Day Intensive Program: December 1 – 4
- Spring 2014
- 10 Day Program: March 6-15
- 3 Day Intensive Program: March 2-5